Download and print off a copy of the PDF. This template can be downloaded from NASA.
- Cut out each piece (including the eyeholes).
- Tape the side earpieces to the center section, as show, to form a pair of glasses. This will be your pattern stencil to transfer to heavier stock.
Tape the stencil flat to a sturdy poster board, or carefully trace around it.
- Cut out the glasses.
- Cut the eyeholes as well.
Cut out lenses from the sheets of blue and red acetate. You can find acetate sheets (or gels) at art supply stores or theatrical/stage lighting stores for just a few bucks per color.
- If you can only find clear acetate, color with a red and blue marker (one red, one blue lens).
- Make sure to cut the acetate pieces a little larger than the opening for the eyes.
Tape the lenses over the eyeholes. Red goes on the LEFT, and blue goes on theRIGHT.
- Don’t get tape on parts of the acetate visible through the eyehole—you’ll have a fuzzy image.
Fit the glasses. Make any necessary adjustments, then enjoy your 3D movie!